THE FUN ZONE is looking for a Full or Part-Time Store Manager for our Plattsburgh, NY Mall location.
The Store Manager is responsible for supporting the Store Manager in managing store operations to ensure a great customer experience and maximum profitability. They perform all management functions in the absence of the Store Manager.
How you will spend your time…
I. Lead and Develop Arcade Staff
- Assess, interview and hire employees as needed.
- Train staff and provide training and developmental opportunities.
- Monitor and evaluate staff’s work habits, production and quality.
- Provide corrective feedback or positive reinforcement as required
- Perform performance evaluations.
- Provide highest standards of positive, fair, and ethical behavior through personal example
II Maintain Arcade Daily Operations
- Oversee store needs (e.g., maintenance, security)
- Make sure arcade is properly staffed
- Maintain fill levels on change machines.
- Make sure all banks are at store and accounted for.
- Provide a safe and secure work environment for employees and visitors
- Ensures all paperwork is properly filled out.
- Control possible theft or loss situations
III Maintain Equipment
- Check machines for working order:
- Accepting coins or bills properly
- Dispensing tickets
- Cranes full of product
- Joysticks, buttons, guns, etc….
- Monitor crisp and clear
- Make sure money and service doors are always secure
- Note any service problems with equipment and notify service dept.
IV Order and Merchandise Product
- Orders merchandise for prize redemption
- Sets up and ensures showcases are properly merchandised and filled with product, either personally or through subordinates.
- In tune with new and innovative products desired by customers
What you will need to be successful…
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
- Non required
- Some Supervisory experience preferred
- Strong knowledge of retail selling skills with a customer service focus
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time
- Ability to foster teamwork and collaboration
- Ability to operate point of sale (POS) register system with proficiency
- Regular attendance and the ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, including nights, weekends and holidays
Ability to stand for the entire shift, lift 30 lbs and use equipment such as hammers, ladders and merchandising hardware
Job Type: Full-time or Part time – flexible hours.