Position: Customer Service Associate
Reports To: Team Leaders
Department: Store Operations
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
The Customer Service Associate assists customers and helps to maintain the store appearance. The Customer Service Associate is responsible for all aspects of customer service, merchandising, and store maintenance.
- Greet and acknowledge every customer as they enter and exit the store and as they approach the front end.
- Accurately and efficiently operate the register.
- Approve refunds for other Associates up to a specified dollar amount.
- Assist with training new Sales Associates.
- Be knowledgeable of all promotions and advertisements to ensure that customer questions can be answered and to assist with selling product; support Ollie’s Army and other donation programs throughout the year.
- Maintain a neat and organized front end work area.
- Assist with receiving the truck, pricing items, merchandising product, and recovering the store.
- Communicate customer needs to Team Leaders when necessary.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the overall store.
- Complete any additional responsibilities and/or duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum of six months’ retail experience in a mid-size to large retail service-oriented business.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays on a regular basis.
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment.
- Ability to preserve confidentiality of information.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to organize and prioritize a variety of tasks and activities and work within strict timeframes and deadlines.
- Knowledge of industry terms and processes.
- Outstanding interpersonal and listening skills.
- Must have a positive attitude and the ability to interact well with customers and Associates.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to push and pull up to 35 pounds.
- Ability to stand for extended periods.
- Ability to bend and twist frequently.
- Ability to grip, reach, and pinch with arms and hands frequently.
- Ability to squat, kneel, balance, and climb ladders occasionally.
- Ability to see, hear, and speak regularly.
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
Ollie’s is an equal opportunity employer. In compliance with Federal and State Equal Opportunity Laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions applied for without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, age, veteran’s status, disability, genetic information or any other legally protected status.