Please call the store if you are interested in the position. 518-310-2687
Position: Freight Flow Associate
Reports To: Team Leaders
Department: Store Operations
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
- Plan, unload, check in, and support the merchandising of distribution shipments of merchandise.
- Receive, verify, and merchandise all direct vendor shipments including rolls of carpet, to the sales floor.
- Manage effective freight flow in the receiving area while keeping the area neat and orderly to include dock, exterior of buildings and the maintenance of material handling equipment.
- Maintain the safety of the receiving area to include eliminating hazards and maintenance of all equipment.
- Adhere to company standards when verifying pricing accuracy of incoming shipments; report errors or shipping discrepancies to immediate supervisor.
- Prepare STS transfers, GVC returns and any other outbound transfers of merchandise or fixtures.
- Confirm the accuracy of all incoming merchandise.
- Set up and design merchandise displays.
- Ensure that all customer service standards are held to company expectations.
- Complete any additional responsibilities and/or duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum of six months’ retail experience in a mid-size to large retail service-oriented business.
- Ability to work evenings, 3rd shift, weekends, and holidays on a regular basis.
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment.
- Ability to preserve the confidentiality of information.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to organize and prioritize a variety of tasks and activities and work within strict timeframes and deadlines.
- Outstanding interpersonal and listening skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate information and delegate tasks.
- Must have a positive attitude and the ability to interact well with customers and associates.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to push and pull up to 35 pounds.
- Ability to stand for extended periods.
- Ability to bend and twist frequently.
- Ability to grip, reach, and pinch with arms and hands frequently.
- Ability to squat, kneel, balance, and climb occasionally.
- Ability to see, hear, and speak regularly.
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.