Sales Associates provide friendly service by actively seeking out customers to assess their needs and provide assistance. Sales Associates execute the company’s service model while always putting the customer before any task. Sales Associates will perform the following functions: customer service, signing up new Rewards members, cashiering, store operations, and merchandising. Sales Associates must demonstrate behaviors that align with the company values of Accountability, Collaboration, Humility, and Passion. Sales Associates must comply with all policies and procedures associated with the position, including maintaining at least 95% attendance record.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Customer Service and Engagement – Greets every customer in the store with a helpful and friendly attitude, reading customer cues to match service level to their expectations. Explains the DSW Rewards program and its benefits, answers questions about merchandise for the customers, and directs customers to the appropriate merchandise within the store.
- Cashiering and Cash Handling – Rings up customer transactions while following the DSW cash handling policies and register procedures. Counts money, makes change, verifies amount, and issues receipts. Reads and interprets price ticket information, operates a calculator, and enters data via terminal keyboard.
- Store Operations – Maintains a clean and organized store. This includes, but is not limited to, picking up trash in the aisles, returning shoes back where they belong according to DSW standards, cleaning the associate break room and restrooms, vacuuming the store, cleaning mirrors, cleaning the front walkway/stoop of the store, and any other house keeping items deemed necessary.
- Merchandising – Unloads merchandise from trucks, places merchandise on the sales floor per DSW standards, completes markdowns, maintains clearance area standards, fills accessories, organizes and maintains the stockroom.
- Loss prevention – Follow all loss prevention policies and procedures.
- Personal Development – Activiely participates in daily Huddles and ongoing training. Is open to and responsive to coaching and feedback.
- Other Duties – Performs other duties as assigned by the management team
Required Skills and Competencies
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Customer service skills
- Professionalism, friendliness, and respect
- Proficient in use of technology to manage customer transaction either on (e.g., iPad, Tablet, registers)
- Exhibits our company values consistently – Passion, Accountability, Collaboration, Humility
- Demonstrates the (Here4U) customer service model daily
- Ability to communicate in coherent, condensed matter, the ability to listen to others
- Ability to execute basic math equations
- A background with retail experience is preferred with this position
- Ability to be accountable for time bound expectations
• Experience in a fast paced retail environment
• Previous Retail experience
• Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent