The primary responsibility of a Sales Associate of Torrid is to assist in achieving store objectives with regards to sales and shrink and serve customers using Selling Skills.
• Uses Selling Skills
• Provides a shopping experience that will encourage customers to return by demonstrating good product knowledge, friendly personal presentation, and professional handling of difficult situations
• Covers the sales floor zone as assigned
• Performs cash register functions as required and ensures accuracy and efficiency
• Shares fashion knowledge and information with customers and members of store team
• Assists with planogram changes including store map, wall, fixture, merchandising mix, etc.
• Follows the visual standards for proper presentation, and housekeeping standards or cleanliness and neatness
• Communicates fashion trend information to management and respective HQ partners
• Complies with loss prevention policies and procedure
• Is aware of activities on the selling floor, informs management of suspicious activities and appropriately responds to these activities as necessary
• Understands and complies with Company policies and procedures
• Assists in the organization of backroom including stocking and arranging products and supplies
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Works and communicates well with others, regardless of position, to achieve best results
• Appropriately represents the store to customers and co-workers
• Maintains professionalism at all times
• Takes direction well and follows though with SM/ASM on assignments
• Takes responsibility for own performance and consistently meets commitments
Experience & Education
• Previous retail store experience preferred
• Knowledge of music and fashion
• Minimum of 18 years of age
Competencies & Skills
• Demonstrated excellent customer service skills
• Strong verbal communication skills
• Can do attitude and a team player
Physical Requirements (with or without reasonable accommodation)
• Able to stand and walk around during scheduled hours
• Able to pack /unpack shipments, arrange and move store fixtures and merchandise packages weighing up to 50 pounds
• Able to reach for merchandise using the ladders, step stool, merchandise retrieving pole, shoe pole, etc.
• Able to use store equipment including cash registers, sensors, cutters, scissors, hand truck, etc.
• Able to remain calm and focused under pressure