The Sales Supervisor grows department sales to achieve the store sales plan. The Sales Supervisor responsibilities include aspects of merchandising, customer service, and store maintenance.
- Greet and acknowledge every customer as they enter and exit the store and as they approach the department and front end.
- Be knowledgeable of all products, promotions, and advertisements to ensure that customer questions can be answered and to assist with selling product; support Ollie’s Army and other donation programs throughout the year.
- Assist with receiving the truck and pricing items.
- Ensure that all product within the department is merchandised and recovered per the visual merchandise standards.
- Complete price changes within the department per company guidelines.
- Communicate customer needs to Team Leaders when necessary.
- Assist with training new Associates.
- Accurately and efficiently operate the register.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the overall store.
- Complete any additional responsibilities and/or duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum of six months’ retail experience in a mid-size to large retail service-oriented business.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays on a regular basis.
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment.
- Ability to preserve confidentiality of information.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to organize and prioritize a variety of tasks and activities and work within strict timeframes and deadlines.
- Outstanding interpersonal and listening skills.
- Must have a positive attitude and the ability to interact well with customers and Associates.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to push and pull up to 35 pounds.
- Ability to stand for extended periods.
- Ability to bend and twist frequently.
- Ability to grip, reach, and pinch with arms and hands frequently.
- Ability to squat, kneel, balance, and climb ladders occasionally.
- Ability to see, hear, and speak regularly.
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.